Go back to News
2018.10.15: TDE Gitea Workspace Available!
The Trinity Desktop Environment (TDE) development team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the new TDE Gitea Workspace (TGW)
TGW is a Gitea-based, GitHub-style, self-hosted copy of the official source code repositories that is synchronized with the main server on a hourly basis. It offers wider bandwidth and a collaboration workflow that helps achieving the aim of providing:
- fast access to the source code, both through Git or web interface
- an easy tool for users and external developers to propose code changes and improvements
- a quick way for code sharing and collaboration amongst developers
- a simple workflow for reviewing, testing and merging code patches
TGW has been thought to serve the needs of the following groups:
- people who want to have fast anonymous read-only access to the TDE source code
- users who intend to report bugs and propose ideas for ehnancement
- contributors who intend to submit code changes for inclusion into TDE official source code
- developers who want to cooperate on some common functionality or bug fix
TDE core developers are already using TGW on a daily basis and they hope more and more users and contributors will join them soon.
Read more about TGW and how to use it on the wiki
and access the workspace here
.Credits and acknowledgements
We thanks all the people that are (or have been) involved in making TDE the great desktop environment that it is.
We would like to officially thanks vpsFree.org
for kindly providing free hosting space for the TDE Gitea Workspace.
© 2010-2023 Trinity Desktop Project